Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Celebrating Amy's 23rd Birthday in San Diego

Some may choose to quietly celebrate their birthdays with a handful of close friends. I'm not sure who these people are, but it sure isn't me or my handful(s) of close friends... I was essentially the last one to turn 21 out of my group of friends a few years back, and ever since then my birthday has been used as an excuse to drink your body weight in jager.

So this year to celebrate my 23rd birthday 16 of my closest friends met up in the Gaslamp district of downtown San Diego. Let's just say that no one RSVP'd no.

Cramming 16 people into two rooms at the Hilton was no big deal - we all like to snuggle. So we pounded down some vodka tonics and tequila/Sun Drop concoctions and made our way over to Petco Park.
The birthday crew at Petco Park
Kevin in all his glory
We sat field-side and the weather was perfect. My boyfriend decided it would be funny to try to lead the wave in our section. Although he (and my other HS guy friends) failed miserably, their efforts were appreciated and served as a form of entertainment. My boyfriend is irresistible - check out his hotness.

Aside from the Padres losing to the Rockies, it was an amazing game filled with beer and dogs. Everyone had a good time in anticipation for the true party that night.

You might be thinking, wow this is tame? This is their excuse for a party? Just you wait (a small detail: we were all intoxicated for approximately 12 hours)...

Megan and Amy ready to go!
After freshening up and finishing off the rest of the alcohol (trust me it was a lot...), we stumbled our way to Voyeur - my favorite nightclub on the Gaslamp. It arguably is the best venue with the best music, especially for those who are into Electronica. It's also where we went one of the nights on my 21st birthday.

Here's where the night starts getting crazy.

Line, what line? Well I guess there was this huge line, but I just walked straight to the front of it and talked to the bouncer. I stood there like a BALLER telling the bouncer which people in the line were allowed in and which weren't... no cover. The whole bunch got in, no problem. Lesson to you all: act like you own the place (it obviously works...).

With this co-ed group drama was bound to happen, but I'm pretty sure my high school guy friends enjoyed their time "dancing" with my hot college friends. I also played "Have you met Ted?" (see video below - verbatim) with one of my girlfriends... and it worked. She was "hooked" for the entire night.
4 lemon drops later, we end up in the VIP lounge upstairs... somehow... all of us. Then Megan gets into a dance off... Then we lost two of our friends (both very tall girls) who supposedly got kicked out of the venue because they got into a fight with a midget. I can't believe I missed that.
We ended up at the Burger Lounge after the club closed (after the scramble of making sure everyone is together which took forever). I think I had the best burger of my life that night - the noises I was making while I was eating it were not normal.

All in all - the night could have been a catastrophe with this wild bunch. Maybe we're just all growing up? Nah...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.