Sunday, July 24, 2011

When I say "sake," you say "bomb" (and other random Friday occurrences)

This last Friday was very unique... to say the least.

The night started at a Japanese restaurant for our friend's going away party for med school. I showed up late and by the time I had gotten there everyone was already toasted. Mistake #1: Thinking I had to play catch-up the entire night. But I did anyways.
Between sake bombs we managed to take a quick pic.
While the waiter was trying to cut us off for ordering too many pitchers of beer and too many carafes of hot sake, we were pounding them down intermittently while eating as much spicy tuna as we possibly could since a handful of us had not eaten dinner. Mistake #2: Not eating dinner. So we called a cab because we were becoming too much of a liability.

Mistake #3: Thinking it was a good idea to run to the bar next door to take a shot of Patron. I guess we hadn't had enough beer and hot sake to go, so we hauled into the next bar and took a shot of Patron (the bartender convinced me that Patron was the only way to go when I ordered 4 shots of well tequila).

So we got into our cab. The cab driver wouldn't tell me his name so I made it my mission to find out what it was. Alas, I found it - his name... Gholum. I'm not even kidding. Mistake #4: Not taking a picture of Gholum's cab license as proof. I'm not even a Lord of the Rings fan; I couldn't even sit through all of the movies. But for some reason we all decided to geek out and talk to him in the "My Precious" voice... poor man. He liked us enough to give us his card to take us out on a regular basis. Oh the people you meet in cabs...
The "precious" business card
Then the highlight of my night happened. My thirteen year old self died of happiness once I met this pseudo-celeb. I think this might be added to one of my favorite nights. Senior year, Megan and I stumbled upon the cast of ABC Family's show "Greek" at a random frat party. While another one of our friends was doing handle pulls with Calvin (does his real name matter?), Megan and I were socializing with Rusty and Evan.

This night I run into no other than Ethan Craft from Lizzie McGuire... (name IRL: Clayton Snyder).

On of our other friends had the guts to go up to him and we ended up hanging out with him the entire night. Mistake #5: Taking a shot of tequila with Ethan Craft and accidentally calling him Ethan a few too many times. Who would have thunk that I'd be binge drinking with one of my "celeb" crushes from middle school? Turns out he's a really cool guy and a bomb water polo player.

And then there were three... somehow it got down to only three of us girls left with Ethan Craft and some of his friends (that were very drunk). We wandered our way back into a cab, stumbled our way home... and the rest is history. Unfortunately, I am still feeling the repercussions of drinking a lot of beer before drinking a lot of tequila... and whatever fruity drinks we ended up drinking. All in all - a good night... worth the pain. Motto of my life (that I actually need to stick by): "Beer before liquor, never been sicker." The proof is in the pudding.
Beer before liquor, never been sicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.